I went for my ultrasound and blood work today. It turns out I didn't need the vag cam after all because the tech was able to see both ovaries, my ute, and my bladder with a regular external ultrasound. She said she could see everything because my bladder was, "super full". All I could think was, "DUH I ALMOST PEED ON YOU LIKE 10 TIMES!"
It looks like there might be a problem with my right ovary getting enough blood flow. She looked at the left one first and let me listen to the blood flow in and out of it. It sounded like a heartbeat which immediately freaked me out because I thought it was a baby heartbeat which of course wouldn't make any sense at 4DPO. She explained what the noise was and that it "sounded good". Then she found the right ovary and listened again but instead of a heartbeat sound it sounded like a dull hum. No beat for 3 seconds and then a beat and then 5-6 seconds and then another beat. She adjusted the audio 5-6 times and it sounded the same each time. :( She let me know that the doctor at the hospital would be looking over the films and that he would get in touch with my OB.
I then went to the Blood Draw Center to have my thyroid blood work drawn. As always, I asked the blood draw person to please use a child/baby needle on me because my veins are super small. He looked at me like I was crazy and then put on the tourniquet and realized that I wasn't lying. He said he could get it on the first stab but I didn't believe him. Sure enough, he was in and out in less than 30 seconds. I complemented his technique by saying, "Wow, you're good. No digging!" He ignored me and said, "All done," without even looking in my direction.
Now I will wait for my OB to call with the results of both tests. She said it could take her up to a week to call so I am playing the waiting game. When she calls I will either be spotting indicating that my period is on it's way or freaking out that I might be KU since I will be 11DPO. This will be an interesting week indeed.


No comments:
Post a Comment