Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Mystery of the Ute Pain Continues ~ CD23/6DPO

I got another call from my OB's office today, this time from the nurse. She let me know that she had the results of the vaginal cultures my OB took at my appointment last Tuesday. I had completely forgotten about them because I have never had an abnormal pap smear or vag culture. Apparently, the pain I am having is being caused by a bacterial infection (Gardnerella) on my cervix. (It's similar to a yeast infection but not yeast.) So I am now on antibiotics for 7 days. I told the nurse that I am in the 2WW and she didn't know what that was (she doesn't believe in charting) so I told her that I am expecting my period in 7 days if I don't get pregnant. She told me to test every morning before taking the antibiotics. That means that I will officially start testing tomorrow at 7DPO. I am not happy about that. Oh well, I just want to be healthy.

I am kind of sad that I am on a no sex and no alcohol "diet" for the next 7 days until the infection is gone. At least we had okay timing before I ovulated.

So now the mystery of the ute pain has been solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment