Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Scare ~ 4wks/2days

Last night I started spotting at 15DPO.  It was brown and there wasn't a lot but it freaked me out so I asked my TTGP friends what I should do. Before they could even answer I was on the phone with my doctor's office asking for the doctor on call. The doctor said that there wasn't anything that could be done last night and she asked me to call the office today and ask for a blood work order. I continued to spot last night a little bit this morning.

This morning at 9:30 on the dot I was on the phone with the nurse. She told me that she would fax the order to the hospital and that if I went before noon I would have the results today but if I went after noon I would have to wait until tomorrow. There was NO WAY I was waiting until tomorrow for results so I asked my boss if I could take an early break and headed for the hospital.

When I got there I checked in and they had my blood work order fresh out of the fax machine waiting for me. I made a complete ass of myself because I was trying to read the order while checking in. I finally gave up and blurted out, "The order is for betas AND progesterone right?!" The guy looked up from the computer with a smirk/weird look on his face and said, "Yessssss." He then openly had to giggle at my craziness. I waited for about 5 minutes and then I was called into one of the blood draw rooms where Edmund introduced himself to me (which was cute) and told me he would be drawing my blood. I asked for a child's needle (like I always do because of the baby veins) and he read over the order and got right to work. He had to put tourniquets on both of my arms because he didn't like any of my veins but he finally decided that my left arm was going to have to do. Stick and dig dig dig dig dig. I was wincing like a baby but it FREAKING HURT! He filled the veils and then it was time to go.

I went back to work and waited until 3 to call my doctor's office. (I am proud of myself for waiting that long.) Throughout the course of the day the spotting got worse. It was still brown but there was a lot more. When I got the nurse on the phone she said that she would have to call the lab and she asked me if I wanted to wait or if she could call me back. I said I'd wait. She put me on hold for what felt like an eternity (it was actually only 4 minutes) and came back on the phone super bubbly. She said, "Your results are good. Your hCG level is 542 and your Progesterone level is 16.2. Everything looks good." I was excited but I still asked, "So even though I'm spotting, the numbers are good?" She said, "Yes. If you start bleeding go to the ER." The last part was a downer but I didn't really care. I hung up and did a  little dance. Yay for okay numbers!!! The little CramBean is okay for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good betas! Hopefully the spotting will stop soon so you can stop worrying yourself!

    ReplyDelete