Thursday, January 3, 2013

Phew... Now that THAT'S Over ~ 24 wks/2 days


The holidays were a crazy time for us. We flew into Orlando, Florida the week of Christmas and I was finally able to show all of my friends my belly. They were all so sweet and they all had presents for us and James. I was sad we only got to spend one day with them before we had to go to Vero Beach for family Christmas but it was great seeing them. In Vero we had a low key nice family Christmas. Sometimes my dad reminds me of Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. He gets so excited about family time. Luckily for us he isn't easily disappointed when it doesn't go EXACTLY as planned.

The morning after Christmas we all packed up the cars and headed back to Orlando for a 3 day stay at Universal Studios. We stayed at my favorite Orlando hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel. It was awesome. However, I would NOT recommend to ANY pregnant women to ever go to Universal Studios during their pregnancy. I was bored out of my mind. I literally could not do ANYTHING. I could watch the shows of course but I figured if nothing else I would be able to ride "kiddie" rides. Nope. Anything that moves is a no go for pregglies. At least I got to eat some awesome food and buy lots of stuff for James.
After our stay at Universal Studios it was time to go home. ManCram, my sister and I flew home Friday night and got in late. I didn't have to go back to work for another 4 days so all I did was clean and buy stuff for James. It was awesome. ManCram and I went to Buy Buy Baby and bought a bedding set for James' crib so now once we get a mattress we can finally set up his area. Yay!


How far along?: 24 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gained/lost?: As of this morning I'm up 17.8 pounds. Apparently counting calories is no longer working to keep me in the "one pound a week" range.
Maternity Clothes?: Yep. I got even more for Christmas so I finally feel like I have enough to live with.
Stretch Marks?: The purple squiggles and lines on my belly have multiplied. They don't look like the stretch marks I've seen on TV and in books but my doc said that's what they are. They look more like broken blood vessels to me.
Sleep?: I still sleep a lot during the night but my hips have been giving me a lot of trouble in the middle of the night and I toss and turn a lot.
Best Moment of Last Week?: As lame as it sounds it was probably hanging up all of James' clothes in size order and by item type. I have the worst kind of OCD when it comes to organization. I changed the order about 5 times before I was happy with it.
Movement?: All the time. He is always kicking or "dancing" as ManCram and I call it.
Food Cravings?: I craved iced tea all day everyday which isn't terrible since it has no calories but it does have caffeine so I try not to go crazy.
Gender?: BOY!
Labor-Signs?: I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the past 2 weeks. I know they aren't "labor signs" but it is as close as I've gotten.
Bellybutton in or out?: In and still not stretched out at all.
What I miss?: Bending over comfortably and being able to do laundry and other things without my belly getting in the way.
What I'm looking forward to?: Going to Chicago to visit ManCram's family and to meet some awesome people in person. :)
Milestones?: VIABILITY DAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that you did it by size and then within the size you did shirts, jackets, short sleeved onesies, long sleeved onesies, sleepers, then gowns (Jill has dresses before the onesies, but I'm assuming James doesn't have any of those (; )
    Also, the pic with the minion is hilarious. It looks like he is disgusted by your bump :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it hats, socks, pants, short sleeved onesies, long sleeved onesies, t-shirts, sleepers, sweaters, jackets.

      And I literally LOLed when I read the part of your comment about the minion. This pic is WAY funnier now.

      Delete