Thursday, January 24, 2013

Third Trimester. WHAT?! ~ 27 wks/2 days


I don't have much to update this week. It was a really slow week compared to last week. Work has been absolutely insane this week so I haven't had much time to even think.

We put James' crib together on Sunday and I put the bedding on it Monday night. I love the bedding and the crib so much. I also put all of his stuffed animals in the crib (I will take them out before he sleeps in it of course). It looks like he will have a lot stuffed friends to play with already! ManCram asked me which stuffed animal I thought would be James' favorite and I said probably the sock-monkey because it is the most different out of all of the stuffed animals.

I'm also posting a picture of Pocket being super cute and "protecting" James' stroller. She sleeps under it all the time. The nursery area is "her zone" for now. I think this is a good thing because she's already getting used to all of the smells and I'm hoping this will make for an easier transition when James comes home.

The picture of me below was take on Tuesday at 27 weeks. My belly is getting rounder and rounder. 13 weeks to go!

How far along?: 27 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gained/lost?: 20.4 pounds as of today. Bleh. I hit the 20s. Up 1.2 from last week.
Stretch Marks?: Same purple squiggles. They are getting darker but not any longer. I also noticed this week that I have some really small red marks on my boobs by my arms.
Sleep?: I no longer sleep. My eyes stay closed but I don't ever reach REM so I always "wake up" exhausted.
Best Moment of Last Week?: Setting up the crib with ManCram and Mohegan Sun with Jess.
Movement?: All the time.
Food Cravings?: Spicy food. I love Asian food right now. That is definitely what I will have for lunch.
Gender?: BOY!
Labor-Signs?: None since Chicago. Not even any BH.
Bellybutton in or out?: Still stretching.
What I miss?: Sleep. I miss sleep so so so so so much.
What I'm looking forward to?: Jess's shower on Saturday.
Milestones?: 3rd trimester!

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your dog protecting the stroller. How cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read any good books or information on adjusting a pet to the baby? We have beagle and she can be territorial at times. I think she will be okay but it makes me nervous sometimes. You look cute though! Happy 27 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything yet. (Way to procrastinate, self.) We also have a Beagle and he is a major attention whore. If we aren't petting him or paying attention to him he basically freaks out.

      Time to start my research.

      Delete
  3. Yay third tri!! May I ask where you got your bedding? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridgett. We got the bedding at Buy Buy Baby. Here is the link. :)

      http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?BRN=1&SKU=204060&RN=7354&

      Delete