Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Was Right! ~ 19 wks/2 days


I was right!! Clames is a healthy little James! Wooooo hoooooo!!! Lots happened this week. On Saturday my dad took my brother, sister, cousin, his wife and me to cut down our Christmas trees! I was really sad ManCram had to work but we still had a great time. I picked the fattest biggest tree I could find basically. My sister talked my dad into cutting it down for me by saying it with definitely fit in our living room. The scene in National Lampoon's: Christmas Vacation kept playing over and over in my head when Rusty says, "Dad, that tree wouldn't fit in our yard." Clark replies, "It's not going in our yard Russ. It's going in our living room."
ManCram got home from work just in time to carry the tree inside and help me put it in the stand before I passed out. We didn't decorate it because I went to sleep 3 seconds after the tree was up. The next night though after my mom took us to Melting Pot for "Thanksgiving Dinner" (we didn't get to spend time with her on Thanksgiving) we decorated the crap out of that tree. :)
Tuesday was the best day of our lives though. We FINALLY found out that baby Clames is a BOY! YAY!!! The tech started the scan with the question, "So do you want to know the sex?" And I answered quickly like a crazy person, "YES! As soon as possible." She said that she doesn't tell people until the end of the scan because she doesn't know if they will start jumping up and down or crying.  This of course pissed me off but I had waited over 25 years to find out what the sex of my first baby would be I could wait another few minutes.

Our baby is healthy and had a heart rate of 149 beats per minute. His head was measuring at 19 weeks and 2 days but the cross section of his body only measured at 18 weeks and 1 day.... I have a giant headed baby. Ugh. When I said, "OMG the head is so big!" Matt said, "Well, it is MY kid." (Matt and I both have huge heads. Poor giant headed baby.) When the tech was checking his bladder and kiddneys I saw the penis clear as day and turned to Matt and said, "Do you see it?" Matt was like, "See what?" I rolled my eyes and said, "The penis." And the tech was shocked. "Wow, you know what to look for! Yep. There's the penis. It's a boy." At the end of the scan the tech had to check the lips and nose and baby James was drinking amniotic fluid. It was so amazing! His little lips were so cute!
How far along?: 19 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gained/lost?: As of yesterday morning I'm up 9.2 pounds.
Maternity Clothes?: I am fully in maternity clothes.
Stretch Marks?: The same ones from a few weeks ago.
Sleep?: I am still sleeping between 9 and 10 hours every night.
Best Moment of Last Week?: Seeing James!! He's a boy and I love him so much!
Movement?: I finally feel James! He kicks/punches me throughout the day now.
Food Cravings?: Sushi and cake... Good thing that's what we're having for a co-workers birthday lunch tomorrow.
Gender?: BOY! I was right!
Labor-Signs?: Nope.
Bellybutton in or out?: In.
What I miss?: My moderately sized boobs. I hate my current giant porn star knockers.
What I'm looking forward to?: Being half baked on Tuesday!
Milestones?: Lots of big ones this week! Feeling movement, seeing that James is a boy and finding out he is healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for boys!!!! I still think it's like an innuendo that half of the u/s pic looks blue! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a boy! My little boy was also a giant headed baby. They told me that it really wasn't something to worry about so early, but he stayed that way all the way through. I still had a pretty good delivery with him, but it took a very very long time... Anyway, none of that matters once he arrives, but it's not something that I'm ever going to forget. Congrats on your little James!

    ReplyDelete