Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursdays are No Fun at All ~ 10wks/4days


Howdy. I am a day later than my usual Wednesday update. Being late to things has started to become my pattern. Not much happened this week. Matt and I went to the Jack White concert on Saturday and it was a horrible experience. I don't really want to get into it again but I'm sure if you Twitter or Google search "Jack White September 29, 2012" you'll see why.

Yesterday I had my second OB appointment. ManCram came with me again because we had high hopes that we would get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I got to my appointment at 8:55 and it was scheduled for 9:00. (That's late for me. Usually I'm about 10-15 minutes early for doctor's appointments.) The nurse took me back and weighed me. (I'm up 3 pounds since my first appointment 4 weeks ago. :( It doesn't SOUND like a lot but it is when you are only supposed to gain 1-5 pounds in the first trimester.) She also took my blood pressure which was super low as usual. My OB wasn't at the office yet because she had been on call at the hospital the night before and had done a delivery. She came into the exam room still in her scrubs, looking disheveled and so tired but I was happy she was able to make it. She confirmed that I had scheduled my NT scan and that didn't have any questions. She also said that she was going to keep my due date the same as the one she had originally calculated by my last period (April 21) even though my dating ultrasound matched up EXACTLY with my chart making my due date April 28th. Oh well, whatever you want Dr. Coo-Coo. I am still going to use my charting due date because I know it's right.

Then she walked over and picked up the doppler off of the counter in the exam room. It was the moment of truth. In my head I was saying, "Please find it. Please find it," over and over. She looked at me and said, "This could take a while because it's the first time and it's still early." I didn't like the sound of that but I still had high hopes. She moved the wand all over my lower abdomen for a minute and because of her level of exhaustion I could tell she was over it. She looked at me and said, "The uterus doesn't even move above the pelvic bone until 12 weeks," and she went to take the doppler wand away from my abdomen. I almost started crying and then all of the sudden the most wonderful noise I've ever heard came over the speaker. I heart rate of 160 beats per minute was echoing through the room. I looked at ManCram and he had tears in his eyes. It was the single most awesome moment of our relationship so far.

To run some statistics by you, it is said that after hearing the heart beat through a doppler or ultrasound device the chance of miscarriage drops to about 3%. :) The Cramling is in there and growing big and strong! Only 11 days until we get to SEE it again and it will look like a baby and not like a duckling.

How far along?: 10 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gained/lost?: +3 lbs
Maternity Clothes?: Nope. I am still in regular clothes. The hair tie trick is about to stop working on my pants and I will either need a Bella Band or I will need to start wearing dresses everyday.
Stretch Marks?: Just the extra ones on my legs. No new ones on my stomach or hips yet.
Sleep?: I am sleeping well still. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 and it was magical.
Best Moment of Last Week?: Hearing the heartbeat for the first time!
Movement?: Just gas.
Food Cravings?: We're back to pizza. I had it probably 8 times last week and I plan on having it a lot this week too.
Gender?: I'm still on the boy train.
Labor-Signs?: Nope.
Bellybutton in or out?: In.
What I miss?: Having energy. (At least slightly more energy than I currently have.) I am so exhausted lately that every task feels like a 10 mile run.
What I'm looking forward to?: The NT scan in 11 days.
Milestones?: Hearing the heartbeat and getting through the first 10 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. yay! so excited for your Crammy! Can't wait for the NT scan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got to hear the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete