Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Sights ~ 12wks/4days


This week was the coolest week of pregnancy thus far for sure. On Monday ManCram and I FINALLY got to see the Cramling (who we are now calling "Clames" (a combination of James and Clarie)) look like a baby. When the ultrasound tech put the probe on my belly we almost immediately saw a BABY (not a duckling-like creature). It was so awesome. Clames was being a butt and didn't want to get into the right position to measure the NT space and he/she kept moving around a lot. At first I was sad but then I realized it meant we would get to see him/her longer! To waste time the tech decided to see if she could check a few other things while we were waiting for Clames to get into a good position. She looked for sex organs but it was still too early (which we knew going into the scan) but were able to see all four working chambers of the heart beat. It was amazing. The tech said that after seeing all four chambers working in an ultrasound there is little to no chance of congenital heart defect. She checked the baby's other organs and we got to see (and take home a picture) of one of Clames' hands and it had 5 fingers on it! (Only 3 more appendages to check.)

After the tech had checked everything she could possibly check besides the NT space she tried and baby still wasn't in the right position. She had me roll over on both sides like 20 times, cough, laugh, lay on my stomach, walk around, and finally (because I was about to burst) pee. When I came back from the bathroom Clames was sleeping in the right position. LOL! The tech was able to get the measurement and said that it was .2 cm and anything less than .3 is good. :)

Clames had a heart rate of 158 bpm which is almost the same as what it was 2 weeks ago (160 bpm) and he/she measured 12 weeks and 3 days which was right in-between the due date I know I am (calculated by charting) and the due date my doctor is using (calculated by LMP).

Here are some pictures!






Clames just chillin'. We really hope his/her nose is not as big as it looks in this picture.












Another relaxing picture of Clames but with less facial features.







Waving hello with ALL FIVE FINGERS!








How far along?: 12 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gained/lost?: +4 lbs (boooooo)
Maternity Clothes?: I bought one pair of maternity jeans (because even at Old Navy they were too expensive and cheap looking to buy two pairs) and 2 long sleeved t-shirts. Putting these into my weekly clothing rotation has made getting dressed easier every morning.
Stretch Marks?: 4-5 new ones on my right leg and the ones that I already had on my sides are longer and stretching up towards my ribs.
Sleep?: I'm still sleeping like a log for 8+ hours a night.
Best Moment of Last Week?: Seeing "Clames" look like a baby and move around all over my ute.
Movement?: Not that I can feel but I know it's happening now because I saw it.
Food Cravings?: Earlier I just had a craving for a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce on it? I don't know why.
Gender?: I still think boy but at the NT scan I kept saying, "She is moving," or "She keeps waving at you Matt," even though I wasn't trying to.
Labor-Signs?: Nope.
Bellybutton in or out?: In.
What I miss?: Staying up past 9. Those were the days.
What I'm looking forward to?: The anatomy scan so that we can find out if Clames is a boy or a girl!
Milestones?: I made it to 12 weeks and had a good NT scan. Now I am only 3 days away from second tri!

6 comments: