So I am a bad blogger and I never went back and edited my post from last week. My shower was 2 Sundays ago and it was so awesome. My mom and sister really did go all out and ManCram and I had an amazing time with our family and friends. We got a lot of awesome stuff that James really needed and we felt truly lucky that we have people in our lives that are so unbelievably generous.

We played games that my sister picked out and everyone got into them. (Even the boys!) I was surprised that people were so gung-ho about guessing the price of baby items and about cloth diapering a balloon but they were. No one was more enthusiastic about the games than Jess's husband. (Side note: Jess's husband brought Jess to my shower at 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant. She is forever my hero for making the hour and a half drive down to celebrate James with us.) One of the games involved everyone being given a safety pin and if that person said the word, "baby," and someone heard it they could take their pin to the person that heard them say it. Whoever had the most pins when we opened presents was the winner. Well, within about 30 minutes of being at the shower, Jess's husband had about 6 pins. It was no surprise when he ended up winning by a landslide!
I also have to show the world what an awesome cake I had. My mom really wanted me to have a beautiful shower cake with fondant icing. The bakery we ordered this cake from did an AMAZING job. The only thing that was a "con" about this cake was how HUGE it was. They said it would feed 30 but I think they meant 30 people that had never eaten before! It was also like 6 layers high but SO pretty. :)
We also got to do something at the shower that ManCram was super excited about, we made a Harlem Shake video. Here we are shaking our groove thangs:
I briefly mentioned in my last post (before passing out from exhaustion) that we had scheduled a c-section for James' birth. I have been in A LOT of pain and after talking to Matt, my neurosurgeon, the anesthesiologist and my OB we all decided it would be best to go with an "elective" c-section so that I would not cause any further damage to a herniated disc while pushing during a vaginal delivery. (It counts as an "elective" because there were no written medical orders stating that I had to have one.) My OB (Dr. Coo-Coo) was on board with my decision and we all went into her office to choose a date. We all agreed that Thursday, April 18th, 2013 was a great day for a baby to be born. I will be 39 weeks and 2 days (by LMP) or 38 weeks and 4 days (by ovulation date).
We cannot wait for him to get here and we are so excited. Everything is set up, washed and ready to go. Now we just wait. Here are the pictures I took on Tuesday at 34 weeks exactly. I love my "front view" shot so much.
Total weight gained/lost?: +24.6 pounds. (I am so happy that at 34 weeks I am still hovering around the 25 pound mark! Even if I gain a pound a week until the c-section I will still have gained less than 30 pounds and I think that's so great!)
Stretch Marks?: A few new dark purple squiggles. None on my lower belly though. We'll see if it stays that way.
Sleep?: Sleeping sucks. It sucks that I wake up every 2-3 hours to pee. It sucks that every time I roll over it hurts. It sucks that I can't get comfortable. It just sucks.
Best Moment of Last Week?: Finishing up all of the baby laundry that needed to be done?
Food Cravings?: Anything REALLY cold. Ice cream, really cold soda and Frappuccinos!
Gender?: BOY!
Labor-Signs?: LOTS of Braxton Hicks again this week.
Bellybutton in or out?: I don't think it's going to pop.
What I miss?: Rolling over without screaming in pain.
What I'm looking forward to?: My "Secret" CORNERSTONE Shower next Friday.
Milestones?: 5 weeks/35 days to go!



No comments:
Post a Comment